TERMS & CONDITIONSTerms and Conditions of Vehicle Hire
Bookings can be made online on this website, or by phone on 01752 767605 or 07813 333329. A non refundable booking deposit of £195 is payable at the time of booking to ensure your dates and this will be deducted from the balance due. By paying this deposit you are accepting the Terms and Conditions. Confirmation of your booking will then be sent to you, together with a booking form for completion and return to us, along with a photocopies of driving licence of all intended drivers (max. of 2). If your driving licence is a card with paper counterpart we will need both parts to be copied to validate the insurance. We also need your national insurance number to check your driving licence, or if you prefer not to give us your national number you can do your own check and then give us the ‘Check Code’ at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Payment for the remaining balance of the hire will be due no less than 4 weeks before the date of hire. An invoice will be sent to you, in your confirmation pack. If the balance is not paid by the date due Kintripper reserves the right to cancel the booking. Payment can be either be by bank transfer or cheque 5 weeks before the due date.
Drivers must be aged between 25-75 for Motorhomes, and between 21-75 for Campervans, and hold a full valid UK, EU, NZ, AUS, SA or USA driving licence for at least 2 years, with a maximum of 6 points conviction, and the original licence(s) for the intended driver(s) showing their current address, must be produced at the time of collection of the vehicle, along with 2 x proofs of ID and address in the form of utility bills or bank statements, which must be no more than 90 days old (with the exception of council tax bills which can be up to 12 months old.) Any intended drivers will need to sign an insurance declaration on the day of hire to validate the insurance. Drivers are liable for any traffic or parking offence(s) committed during the hire period and the law requires us to divulge hire/drivers details to the relevant authorities upon request. Additional drivers are allowed for £7.50 per day, for up to 2 weeks, and free of charge up to a maximum of 10 weeks.
COLLECTION AND RETURN
Collection is between 3pm and 5pm on the date booked. Return should be by 10:30am on your final day. Other times may be available but please contact us beforehand.
Please note: if you are having a 2nd driver, both drivers must be present at the vehicle collection, as you both need to sign paperwork in person.
MINIMUM HIRE PERIOD
One week at peak times (April to September). Short breaks are also available at other times, subject to availability.
CANCELLATION / NO SHOWS
|The following charges will apply if a reservation is cancelled|
|6 weeks or more before the start of hire||Loss of deposit|
|4−6 weeks before the start of hire||25% of hire charge|
|2−4 weeks before the start of hire||50% of hire charge|
|Less than 2 weeks before start of hire||100% of hire charge|
|No-shows||No refund *except on similar basis to late arrivals|
Insurance cover is advised to safeguard against this possibility.
Failure to return on time will incur a penalty charge of £100 per hour or part of. Failure to return the vehicle by 5pm on the last day of hire means the vehicle is not insured and therefore drivers are liable to criminal prosecution.
If due to circumstances beyond our control, the vehicle booked is not available we reserve the right to provide a full refund of monies paid to us. Kintripper accept no liability for any consequential losses or cost incurred by the hirer, e.g. ferry tickets etc. Customers are advised to take out their own travel insurance policy to cover such losses/costs.
CANCELLATION BY KINTRIPPER
Kintripper may cancel the hire if, at the time of collection, the nominated drivers licences or proof of address requested are invalid or not in accordance with the terms and conditions. Provisional driving licences are not acceptable. In these circumstances,all monies paid by the hirer (except the refundable security deposit £700), will be forfeited to Kintripper. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all agreed drivers are licensed to drive the vehicle in line with our Terms and Conditions.
A security deposit (refundable) of £750 is required via bank transfer 7 days before your hire date. Security deposits are refunded in full provided that the vehicle is returned to us clean on the in side, undamaged and on time. Un-emptied toilets, or toilets that have been allowed to overflow, will be charged at £50 for emptying and cleaning. Replacement costs for any items missing or damaged will be deducted from your security deposit. Refunding of the security deposit is paid after cleaning and full inspection of the returned vehicle.
(Costs/losses due to unserviceability) If, during your hire period, the vehicle is rendered unserviceable (resulting in the cancellation of subsequent bookings) we reserve the right to charge you for the losses or costs incurred.
FESTIVAL SECURITY DEPOSIT
We reserve the right to charge a higher security deposit on these occasions.
FUEL / DIESEL
Fuel is at the hirer’s expense and not included in the hire charge. We will supply a full tank out, and you will return with a full tank back. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure the correct fuel is put in the Motorhomes and Campervans, which is DIESEL. The hirer will be liable for all repair and replacement costs incurred as a result of using the wrong fuel, and Kintripper will not offer a refund or pay compensation for loss of use by the hirer whilst the vehicle is off the road as a result. Any refilling required upon return of the vehicle will be deducted from the security deposit. If diesel is accidentally put into the fresh water tank, then the hirer is liable for any costs to rectify this.
OIL AND WATER
Kintripper will ensure that oil levels have be checked and are at the optimum level before the releasing the vehicle for hire. Regular checking of the oil and water levels whilst out on hire are the responsibility of the hirer, who will be liable for any accidents, breakdown, or damage caused by a failure to maintain the correct levels.
TYRES AND WINDSCREEN
Regular checking of the tyre pressures and windscreen is the responsibility of the hirer. The hirer is responsible for the damage of the windscreen and windows, plus punctures or other damage to the tyres during the hire period. Where possible repairs/ replacements should be carried out as appropriate and paid for by the hirer at the time. Kintripper should be advised before any repairs are carried out and failure to do this could result in a deduction from your security deposit if further repairs are required.
Comprehensive insurance for travel within the UK is included in the hire charges. European insurance – for Motorhomes only – can be agreed in advance of the departure date as part of our European Travel Pack (see additional options below for full details.) Hirers are advised to arrange their own personal effects and travel insurance. The vehicle is only insured for the period and therefore the driving of the vehicle after the expiry of the contract period may result in the driver committing a serious traffic offence. Furthermore the hirer is personally responsibility for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period. There is a £1000 excess for our insurance. If there are any damages or claims, then the hirer will be liable for the full £1000. If the repairs are less than £1000, but more than the £750 security deposit, then the hirer will pay the difference up to £1000.
Our insurance is subject to the following conditions:
- The insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the hirer’s driver’s driving licence and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
- Three forms of ID shall be obtained e.g. Two utility bill or bank statements no more than 90 days old (the only exception being a council tax bill, which can be up to 12mths old) and a driving licence showing your current address.
- The insured vehicle shall not be let out on hire/driven by:
- Hirers under 25 or over 75 years of age for Motorhomes, or under 21 or over 75 years of age for Campervans unless otherwise agreed by the insurer.
- Hirers under 21 or over 75 years of age if the vehicle is a minibus, MPV (8 seats including driver) or 7.5 ton GVW or above.
- Hirers aged 21 to 22 unless a full valid UK or EU driving licence has been held for 2 years and prior authority has been given by insurers.
- Hirers who have not held a full valid UK or EU driving licence for 2 years.
- Any persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended, or had 6 penalty points imposed. Parking offences and not more than two 3-point speeding offences in the past four years may be ignored. Spent convictions covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Any persons who have any mental or physical disability or infirmity, or suffer from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint, and as a result are not permitted to drive by the DVLA.
- Any persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
- Any persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainments or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing, the gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign Armed Services Personnel, other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for 2 years or more.
- The insured shall be considered as the being the agent for the hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the insured be considered as agent for the insurers.
- The insured vehicle shall not be used for carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
- Any vehicle which is added to the motor insurance database will be charged the appropriate premium.
BREAKDOWN / ACCIDENTS
In the unlikely event of a breakdown or accident, recovery services are at the disposal of the hirer. Instructions for replacements, at the cost not exceeding £50, may be given by the hirer, and will be considered for reimbursement where appropriate by Kintripper on the production of receipted invoice. Kintripper approval must be obtained in respect of repairs/replacements in excess of £50. Kintripper is not responsible for hotels or any other consequential expenses subsequent to a breakdown but, will refund the hire charge for any complete days loss of the vehicle. Every effort is made to ensure that the vehicle is in safe and roadworthy condition before it leaves our premises, but Kintripper shall be under no liability for third party claims or damages in connection with or subsequent upon, any accident or breakdown. In the event of an accident involving the vehicle, the hirer must inform Kintripper as soon as possible and within 24 hours. The hirer must complete an accident report form when requested by Kintripper.
MILEAGE RESTRICTIONS FOR MOTORHOMES
Mileage is limited to a 1,250 miles a week. Extra bundles of 250 miles can be purchased for £50 per unit. There is an additional charge of £10 per day to cover insurance costs.
Our Motorhomes come fully loaded with everything you need, i.e. cooking utensils, crockery, etc.
Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Kintripper will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away. But in some circumstances this may not be possible, and Kintripper cannot be held responsible, and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered, and do not have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle.
There is secure parking for when you leave your car with us. Vehicles are left entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise.
SMOKING / E-CIGARETTES
We do not allow smoking/e-cigarettes in the Motorhomes or Campervans at any time. The hirer will be liable for full cost of cleaning or repairing damage to the Motorhome or Campervan caused by smoking/vaping, including loss of hire days.
Small well-behaved dogs are welcome in our motorhome. They are not to be left unattended in the vehicle at any time and are not allowed on any soft furnishings. Any damages or additional valeting required will be deducted from your security deposit. There is an additional charge of £30 per dog per booking.
BEDDING / TOWELS
We do not provide towels or bedding.
We reserve the right to track our vehicles at any given time. A dashcam is fitted for insurance purposes and to protect the hirer. If this is tampered with in any way, or not reconnected after use of windscreen blinds, then the hirer is liable for any claim made against Kintripper.
CHANGES IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to alter terms and conditions at any time.
Book online on our website for best prices...
Book online or by phone, and get the wheels in motion.
Mon-Fri 09:00 - 21:30
Sat & Sun 10:30 - 21:30